Some time ago, Facebook forced users to download the Facebook Messenger application to read and send messages. If you dislike this decision, know that there is a way around this rule.
Facebook Messenger is an application that I use regularly and, with recent updates, it has become a more complete and stable application. However, for those who do not send or receive many messages on Facebook, the obligation to install this application is boring.
In summary, why should I download another application just for the few random messages I receive? Fortunately, there is a way to avoid all this, even if we do not know how long it can last…
How to read messages on Facebook Messenger without the app
To continue reading messages received on Messenger in the Facebook application, you must follow these steps meticulously:
- Uninstall the Messenger application;
- Tap the Messenger icon in the main Facebook app.
- You will see a warning that can only view your messages on the Messenger application.
- Tap the “Get App” button that will take you to the Play Store.
- Start downloading the Messenger app, but cancel it before it’s over.
- Using multitasking, return to the main Facebook application.
You should now be able to read all messages and conversations will open normally in the Facebook application. This trick worked for some of us, but did not yield a positive result for everyone. Also, we do not know how long it could work and probably Facebook is already working.