Chancellor Angela Merkel and the prime ministers of the federal states have tightened public restrictions due to the corona epidemic.
In the next two weeks, the stay in public is only allowed “alone, with another person who does not live in the household or with members of your own household”. So it is in the decision of the government round, which is in the Tagesspiegel.
Agreement for two weeks
In fact, this amounts to a ban on meetings for groups of more than two people out. Small families can continue to travel together. The further measures are necessary because too many citizens have not complied with the request made on March 12 to reduce social contacts as much as possible.
There is no general curfew. The North Rhine-Westphalian Prime Minister Armin Laschet (CDU) said that a nationwide curfew is currently not the means of choice. “In our opinion, leaving the apartment is not a danger. The danger is close, direct social contact. “
Merkel and the heads of state are now calling on citizens to keep a distance of at least 1.50 meters from people who are not part of their own families. Restaurants are closed. However, this does not apply to the delivery and collection of take-away meals for consumption at home. This means that restaurants can offer out-of-home sales.
This should be prohibited according to the new decisions:
- Meetings of more than two people should be prohibited
- The house must not be left without good reason
- restaurants should be closed, only out-of-home sales should be possible
- Even hairdressers, tattoo studios, massage practices and beauty salons have to close
This should still be allowed according to the new resolutions:
- The way to work, to emergency care, for shopping, doctor visits, necessary appointments, exams, help for others should continue to be allowed
- Individual sports and walks in the fresh air are also allowed – if you are alone or with relatives in your own house stop be carried out
- Whoever leaves the house must have a minimum distance of 1.5 meters to all others Hold people
Individual breathing is allowed
The decision also states: “The way to work, emergency care, shopping, visits to the doctor, participation in meetings, necessary appointments and exams, help for other or individual sports and exercise in the fresh air as well as other necessary activities will of course continue to be possible. ”In other European countries si nd also sharp measures in force.
Violations of the contact restriction to two people should be monitored by the regulatory authorities and the police. You will be punished as an offense. “Groups of young people celebrating in public places are unacceptable given the serious situation in our country.”
There had previously been a row between the countries. Twelve prime ministers, including North Rhine-Westphalia’s Prime Minister Armin Laschet (CDU), had drafted and presented a resolution – Bavaria, Saarland and Saxony were not on board. These countries were rushed ahead on Friday with their own measures. It was said that there was a short dispute between Laschet and Bavaria’s Prime Minister Markus Söder (CSU) in the conference call.